Heard on The Judges: new-to-me trivial slang variant

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Dec 9 21:45:23 UTC 2009

At 3:55 PM -0500 12/9/09, Wilson Gray wrote:
>26-year-old white male speaker:
>
>"Don't associate with a woman when you know that she's crazy _from the
>get-start_."

I'll (hereby) beat Jerry Cohen to the punch; pretty clear blend candidate here.
New to me too; there are a handful of other instances on google, of
which my fave is
"make your choice by good judgement, not the color used by the Party,
because if you are colored blind then you've screwed up from the get
start."
Note that metaphorical screwing is involved here too.

LH