eggcorn candidate: "center meters"

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 18 03:18:08 UTC 2009

I'm not sure, but I suspect that even in BrE there would be stresses
on the first syllables of "center" and "meter."  But aside from that,
"center meter" meets one criterion for eggcornity, that a part of a
word that isn't immediately transparent is replace by something that
is, but it doesn't meet the condition that the eggcornage should make
some relevant sense.

Herb