A new collective noun: "astonishment"---(venery)

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Sat Dec 19 20:09:11 UTC 2009

Btw, there's a book titled "An Exaltation of Larks" (by James Lipton).  Also btw, some years ago one of my students was interested in such expressions and ordered a book by this title via interlibary loan.  The subtitle was something like "Terms of Venery," and I was surprised to see that the book came from the libary of a medical school.  Evidently the librarian who catalogued the book at that campus must have incorrectly connected "venery" was "venereal."

Gerald Cohen