BrE/AmE "go missing"

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM
Sun Dec 20 20:28:57 UTC 2009

> It happens around here all the tine.
> JL

In my version of (British) English, when inanimate objects go missing, they
are commonly said to have gone walkabout.

154,000 google hits for the phrase, "It has gone walkabout."


The American Dialect Society -

More information about the Ads-l mailing list