Fronted high back vowel /u/

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 23 01:34:30 UTC 2009

I think you say that the shift in pronunciation of a vowe is phonemic if it changes from one vowel to another.  Some would say not so, that a shift in a vowel is "phonemic" only when it changes word "meaning".  It doesn't look like that's what you are saying.  You're saying the shift in the phoneme has no relation to meaning - that it's the same word with a shift in vowel, and the debate is whether the shift is a whole phoneme or an allophone.

I like your use of the term "phonemic" rather than attaching it to word meaning.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/