The Cock o' The South

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 28 19:43:52 UTC 2009

"Early Kuyler," [kaIl at r] star of the animated cartoon, Squidbillies,
set in North Georgia, always wears a trucker's cap, with a different
stupid (from slogan on each, in every episode. In one episode, the
slogan reads,

"I [HEART]
 COCK
 tails"

My intuition is that this is a pun on the widespread - *total* in BE,
even more common than "pussy," when I was a child, During The War -
use of _cock_ in Southern English as an obscene term for the the
vagina or for the female genitalia as a whole, no pun intended.

-Wilson
–––
–Mark Twain