atheist

Bethany Dumas bethany.dumas at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 30 19:41:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:
> At 12/30/2009 10:12 AM, Bethany Dumas wrote:
>>
>> One of the strongest statements of belief I have heard is that of the
>> man who said that at a certain point in his life he committed to doing
>> his "best to live and die as though the Gospel is true."
>
> Or should that have been "strangest" statements? Â Which Gospel? Â And
> did he want to die crucified?

No - "strongest." (What is stronger than being willing to act on your beliefs?)

The Gospel of the NT. The "good news," as in, e.g., Wikipedia's
commentary: "A gospel (from Old English, gōd spell "good news") is a
writing that describes the life of Jesus. The word is primarily used
to refer to the four canonical gospels: the Gospel of St.Matthew,
Gospel of St. Mark, Gospel of St.Luke and Gospel of St.John, probably
written between AD 65 and 80."

And he was/is willing to pick up his cross and follow Jesus.

Bethany