volcano-ologist

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 1 15:40:24 UTC 2009

Fox News Anchorchick:  We'll be speaking to a top volcano-ologist - Yes!
They have them! - about that Anchorage volcano....

FN Anchordude: "Volcano-ologist"?  You just made that up.

FN Anchorchick (_mildly irked_): I did not! I swear!

See, she couldn't say "vulcanologist," because people would think it's
somebody who studies Mr. Spock.  And what would he know about volcanoes?

Proof: 89,000 raw Googlits for "volcanoologist."

JL