Origin of the American Use of Dungarees

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 4 02:41:25 UTC 2009

Carter Rila writes:

"My granddad wore union suits all his life."

Mine, too, down home in East Texas, regardless of the season, the
weather, or the temperature: sleeves to his wrists, legs to his
ankles, just as you see cowboys wearing in Western movies.

There were also union suits with short sleeves and short legs. As a
young'un, I wore these, even after my branch of the family moved up to
Saint Louis.

-Wilson Gray
–––
-----