Can a have an A, men?

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 4 15:55:19 UTC 2009

Or you may just never have *noticed* it before, having gotten entirely
used to it. Then, for whatever reason -- perhaps hearing it from
candidate Obama -- you did notice it, and once that happened you
started hearing it all over. Many of us have had that experience with
one word/construction/pronunciation or another.

BTW, it's usually "navel-gazing", with no "r", pseudo-academically
known as omphaloskepsis. Eggcorn here?

Mark Mandel