Fw: [ADS-L] Can a have an A, men?

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 5 12:22:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Jocelyn Limpert
<jocelyn.limpert at gmail.com> wrote:
> The "problem," as I clearly heard it, was always related to the pause,
> something that people often do, shifting their speech after a pause from one
> thought to another -- as in following a singular verb and a pause with a
> plural direct object.

Following a singular verb with a plural direct object is bad?  'Cause
I do it all the time, with or without a pause.

Isn't there a name for this?  -- A fault in the fault-finding that's
bigger than the original fault?  One of those Murphy's Law spinoffs?

--
Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China