Eggcorn? countless > "countly"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 7 20:39:36 UTC 2009

>From a letter to the editor of Bennett's Blog www.bennett.com/blog:

"... [W]e are a very large industry that has use[sic] our own
financial resources, spent _countly_ hours on getting our networks
running."

Google has "countly" primarily as a typo for "county" by English
speakers, as a misspelling of "country" by Japanese speakers, also an
adjective derived from "count" as "princely" is derived from "prince."
No "countly" for "countless" was revealed by the mere eyeballing of
ca.50,000 hits.

-Wilson
–––
-----