Re: [ADS-L] last la ugh on awe-dropping

Mon Feb 9 01:42:37 UTC 2009

Has this guy learned NOTHING about the stardard phonological terminology in
all the years he has been posting to this list?

As we are talking about it here, schwa is a phone, not a phoneme. The "uh"
that he hears is a schwa. There is nothing "vague" about it. If it is not
pronounced "uh" it is not a schwa.