The Sporting News (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Feb 9 16:40:03 UTC 2009

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Ben's most recent column was sports related, which sends me off on a
tangent.

Has anyone been able to use the new PaperofRecord interface through
google?  PaperofRecord used to be the access to the "Sporting News".
(said access sucked out loud, BTW, but occasionally it was worth the
trials and tribulations).  A year or so ago, they offered free instead
of subscription access, and a few months ago said they were moving to a
google interface (perhaps google bought their archives?).  Now all links
to Paperofrecord point to google, but if you do a search, you can't get
any hits back from the "Sporting News".  The only other product they had
that I ever found to be of use was the Baltimore "African American" and
"Grit".