All 40 USA English phonemes (Was Re: Eggcorn? "warn" > "worn")

Scot LaFaive slafaive at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 12 01:27:32 UTC 2009

>Your looking for the "ng" phoneme.  That's treated in truespel as merely n
and g.  Granted the n is velar rather than alveolar, but that kind of thing
goes on with other phonemes so it's not biggie.

So are you saying that /ng/ is not a separate phoneme and instead is
pronounced /n/ then /g/??

Scot