All 40 USA English phonemes (Was Re: Eggcorn? "warn" > "worn")

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 13 09:42:41 UTC 2009

A velar n is predicted by the sound preceding it; That would be long e (~seeng for sing) or long a (~haeng for hang).  These precede a velar n because the g is velar and the tongue takes a short cut getting to the ~g (or ~k) making the n velor and "raising" the vowel.  In general the pronunciation of a sound is mostly affected by what comes after it.  The mouth thinks ahead

Truespel notation brings easy phonetics to children and learners.  Give us some IPA and show why better for this.  To me it inhibits rather than promotes phonetics for English.  That goes for sAMPA and dictionary keys as well, because they use special symbols.  I can't even copy/paste them here and have them come out right.  But I can with truespel, a big advantage.

see truespel.com

http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_022009