Italian spaghetti

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 18 05:10:16 UTC 2009

I took a friend to my cottage recently for some fishing.  One evening
I fixed spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner and served the pasta in
one dish and the sauce in another.  He  referred to this as "Italian
spaghetti," and I realized shortly that he was contrasting this with
pasta and sauce served mixed together in one dish.  He has lived in
Central Indiana all his life, but I haven't heard the expression
around here before.  Has anyone else run into this use of "Italian
spaghetti"?

Herb