Dyslexia and English Orthography was "surprise"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 20 02:23:03 UTC 2009

In m-w.com

Take the pronunciation of "lint"
Main Entry:lint
Pronunciation:\ˈlint\
You can hear the short i ~lint

Take the pronunciation of "ling"
Main Entry:1ling
Pronunciation:\ˈliŋ\
You can hear a long e ~ee and a hint of a g although there shouldn't be ~leeng.

Take the word "linguist"
Main Entry:lin·guist
Pronunciation:\ˈliŋ-gwist\
You can hear a clear g, ~leengwist.  But why.  There was supposed to be no "g" in "ling", so why in linguist.

Check out "cling"
The speaker tries to say a short i and then a "g"less n.
Does not even sound like "cling" which should be ~Kleeng.

Can you guess which words have a "g" and which not
clinger
dinger
dingo
singer
finger
winger
stinger
stringer
zinger
bingo
ringer
flinger

Who cares?  The English I know has a "g" however slight in these words.

see truespel.com