~ (UNCLASSIFIED)

Doug Harris cats22 at STNY.RR.COM
Fri Feb 20 16:56:34 UTC 2009

Speaking of regional accents . . .
I was talking in Dallas on Wednesday with a local who was recounting
how difficult he'd found one of the state's insurance licensing exams
to be.
"It had 60 questions on things that hadn't been in the study material.
There a number of them on wheels, and some on estates and . . ." on
and on he went.
Having only been there a day and a half, and being in a group comprising
folks from all over the US,  my ear hadn't become attuned to the way
some Texans speak. So it took me quite a few beats (the penny didn't
drop 'til later in the day, truth be told!) to translate 'wheels' into 'wills'.
dh

Prepared and sent with Chaos Software's Intellect mail client.
Intellect's contacts and appointments managers also are cool.