~ (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 20 19:33:02 UTC 2009

> I've been a little curious in the time I've been on this list as to> why so much effort is being spent in separating dialects, but not in> looking at what unifies these dialects. Through corpus studies we> have seen that there is a standard grammar defined by frequency of> use. There hasn't been so much study yet though looking at> pronunciation this way.

That's not the point of sociolinguistics or dialectology. You want thetheoretical linguists--down the hall, room 12B.

The above spoken like true academic boorishness.  Detention is room 12C. The best possible outcome of this forum in my opinion would be unification of dialects into one best possible for mass communication.

We may have many visitors here looking for best USA dialect advice.  And I hope we're prepared to give it to them.

see truespel.com

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_022009