suffice(d) (it) to say

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 21 14:47:25 UTC 2009

As actually spoken there wouldn't be two ~t's pronounced consecutively.

~Suffies i' tu sae~  (where ~tu is "tuh" in this example)

Many ending "t"s are glottalized in typical USA speach.  The truespel VOA dictionary (book 3) recognizes them as alternative pronunciations.  This should be recognized by all dictionaries.

key
in truespel stress is on first syl or after a double consonant
~u as in "up"
~ies as in "ice"
~i as in "it"
~ae as in "sundae"

For the word "what" I would say the "t" is dropped more often than not.  Interestingly m-w.com has
Main Entry:1what
Pronunciation:\ˈhwät, ˈhwət, ˈwät, ˈwət\

I hear ~wu' for the first icon and ~waat for the second.  These pronunciations are the reverse of the phonetic spellings.  I don't hear the "h" in either pronunciations, and I think pronouncing the "h" is a minor form.

see truespel.com

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_022009