Re: [ADS-L] Dyslexia and English Orthography was "surprise"

Sat Feb 21 23:18:03 UTC 2009

In addition, this has been discussed a great deal on this list, as I recall.
The archives should convey a lot of information.

In a message dated 2/20/09 8:59:12 PM, GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU writes:

> Kirk Hazen studied this "wont" for his dissertation. He did field work in
> Warren County, NC. It has historical connections to "wasn't" and maybe
> "weren't" but functions as a separate lexical item in speakers' minds today
> (according to Kirk's 2002 Language article). I don't know how widespread it is
> outside of NC. If you're really interested, you might contact Kirk, who's in the
> English Dept. at West Virginia Univ.

Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)