Dyslexia and English Orthography was "surprise"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 22 02:54:23 UTC 2009

Speaking about "won't", there's an interesting vowel swap (merger) for "won't" between long o ~woent (~oe as in toe) and long u ~wuent (~ue as in true).  Many say it one way and many the other.  My parents favor ~wuent.

Note:
m-w.com has an error and comes up "wont".
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/won't has ~wuent
http://www.answers.com/topic/won-t  ~wuent (same speaker?)
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?refid=1861713848  says ~woent
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/won%5C't  says ~woent