~ (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 22 04:30:50 UTC 2009

Then you're making a bad point.  If someone demeans you, slanders you, or misrepresents you in a forum like this, you should answer back strongly.  It's the right thing to do. To tell someone not to do that is bad advice.  No response is tacit acknowledgement.

Keep your focus on the attackers not the ones being attacked.  If someone attacks you on this list or any and you feel it's unjust and unwarranted you have my permission to defend yourself whether other folks are interested or not.  Uninterested readers can always hit "delete".

There is a history of posts on this list.  I have my own copies.  It shows who said what.

see truespel.com

> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 08:37:35 +0800
> From: strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
> Subject: Re: ~ (UNCLASSIFIED)
> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Randy Alexander
> Subject: Re: ~ (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
>> I don't recall addressing that to you, but to Scot.
>>
>> Don't you think it's right to stand up to these kind of intellectual bullies. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.
>
> My point exactly. I don't think insults belong on this list no matter
> who their from. Especially counter-insults, as they reduce the list
> to a vehicle for useless flame wars.
>
> This list in general is a valuable resource on language. Insults --
> for whatever reason -- just pollute it. If one is insulted, one can
> respond to that (if there's really a need for that) off the list.
>
> --
> Randy Alexander
> Jilin City, China
> My Manchu studies blog:
> http://www.bjshengr.com/manchu

Windows Live™: Discover 10 secrets about the new Windows Live.
http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!7540.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_ugc_post_022009