pron. of just

Sat Feb 28 15:31:28 UTC 2009

One VERY minor note that might should be added to Herb's excellent posting:
some of us come from dialect areas in which people pronounce "Sophie" with a
final barred-i, conrasting with the schwa of "sofa." Of course, one could argue
that the final barred-i is just an "allophone" of /iy/, it does conrast with
schwa in this enviroment. so, according to classic principles, we have the
phonetic realizations of two different phonemes.

In a message dated 2/27/09 11:56:27 PM, hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM writes:

> If you think that schwa and barred-i are two different phonemes in
> contexts I described below, then you don't know what a phoneme is

Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.