pron. of just

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 28 23:46:21 UTC 2009

I checked the IPA web site.  The IPA shows schwa in its vowel chart
specifically as an unrounded mid central vowel
(http://www.arts.gla.ac.uk/IPA/vowels.html).  The IPA transcription of
"International Phonetic Association" represents the RP pronunciation
in which all five schwas are that unrounded mid central vowel.  They
do not represent other vowel sounds.  They may correspond to different
spellings, but that's irrelevant.  And note that "association" is
transcribed with a final syllabic /n/.

Herb