"Murphy's law" 1951 and 1952

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 2 15:13:14 UTC 2009

FWIW re the Manhattan Project,  the physicists involved were supposedly concerned that there was a very remote chance that the detonation of the bomb might create a chain reaction that would incinerate earth's atmosphere.

Perhaps that concern led E. J. Murphy to enunciate "Murphy's Law."

Just another SWAG.

JL