more weird prep-dropping and/or subcategorization

David Metevia djmetevia at CHARTERMI.NET
Sun Jan 4 22:44:56 UTC 2009

I found these from the past:

Miers withdraws Supreme Court nomination - The Changing Court ... Oct
27, 2005 ... Confronted with criticism from both the left and right,
Harriet Miers on Thursday withdrew her nomination to the US Supreme
Court.
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9837151/

Appeals Court Candidate Withdraws Nomination - Los Angeles Times Barbara
Durham, a conservative Washington Supreme Court justice, disclosed
Thursday that she is withdrawing her candidacy for a seat on the US 9th
Circuit ...
articles.latimes.com/1999/may/28/news/mn-42041

On the face of it, the construction is something I would say.....until I
start to analyze it and wonder how the person nominated can withdraw
something he did not submit.

DM