Google Book Search article

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jan 6 13:32:39 UTC 2009

At 1/5/2009 03:49 AM, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
>A nice article from the NYT on what the changes in Google
>Books will do for accessibility, with a leadoff anecdote
>featuring our own Ben Zimmer:
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/05/technology/internet/05google.html

 From the article:  "Mr. Clancy was monitoring search queries
recently when one for "concrete fountain molds" caught his attention.
The search turned up a digital version of an obscure 1910 book, and
the user had spent four hours perusing 350 pages of it."

Does that mean that Google knows every book I've looked at via Google
Books?  And for how long does Google keep that information?  After
the post-9/11 security acts many non-online libraries began
discarding any information connecting users to books soon after they
no longer needed it.

Joel