Google Book Search article

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 6 14:52:33 UTC 2009

*Long* before 9/11, it was the custom among libraries to discard all
information connnecting patrons and material used by those patrons
ASAP and to refuse to disclose that information, absent a court order
at the very least, during the period of its availability.

That was and is the practice of the library system at Harvard and I
have no reason to consider Harvard to be unique in this respect.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain