"come to Limerick" antedate and Limerick (verse) etymology suggestion (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Jan 12 18:13:51 UTC 2009

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I believe the good Mr. Gray is correct.  It appears, at first glance, to be "cat", but when biggified up, it is probably originally "eat", and the microfilm/scanning process has erred.