Laffs from the Welsh Marches

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 12 19:13:05 UTC 2009

The "dialect spellings" in these two jests from a self-described Shropshire
resident at  http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=103911&messages=63  may
be better than most.  Anyway, 'ey wuik fa me, know waddeye mean?

Woss the diffrence between a buffalo an a bison?
Yow cor wash yer feet in a buffalo.

Aynoch an Ayli goo t'Orstralia fer they'r olidiz.
Aynoch sez t' Ayli "Wher'es e a'gooin wi that plonk on is showlder?"
"Tharay a plonk," sez Ayli, "its a sairf boord"
"Ooh tha sowends good dow it. Less watch 'im"
Anyroad, a shark jumps owt the water an ates the blowk an is board.
"Wot yow say that's called?" sez Aynoch.
"Sairf boordin" sez Ayli.
"Well it dow look very bloody sairf to me!"

JL