flyting and rap

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 14 18:07:29 UTC 2009

And I punted the old uncle when I couldn't figure out what "sezee,"
which I read as [si zi], meant. In an earlier thread WRT to this item,
someone provided "says he" as though that were obvious. As I tumble
through my seventh decade of soul, I'm still waiting to hear anyone of
*any* race, creed, color, or sexual orientation use "says he" in real
life. Perhaps Uncle R. could use some editing to make him easier for
the less metropolitan of us to read.

I got the old uncle's meisterstueck as a Christmas gift when I was
about eight. When my grandmother was likewise unable to read it, I put
the book aside and would have forgotten about it by now, were it not
so popular among those sometimes referred to as "the other group."

It's clear that "two-faceted" means "having two facets," as any fool
can plainly see. Is this Legman's eye-dialect or someone else's? Or a
semi-literate misspelling?

-Wilson
–––
-----