"bumfuck"?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jan 15 15:23:33 UTC 2009

When I search Google Books for "bumfuck date: 1800-1950", I first get
a hit for "Extension of Reciprocal Trade Agreements Act? - Page 348.
by United States Congress. Senate. Committee on Finance - 1949."  A
very intriguing possible source, I think.  The "snippet view" text
does not show the desired word, so I click on the link.

Google Books now tells me "Your search - bumfuck date:1800-1950 - did
not match any documents.  Try this search over all volumes:  bumfuck
date:1800-1950"  (When I click on that, of course I'm led back to the
US Senate.)

Why, oh why, does one (Sematorial?) page of Google think it's found a
word, and another doesn't?

Joel