Pronuncations

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 16 03:01:54 UTC 2009

I was taught in grammar school that the "t" in "often" was silent.  So I've never said the "t" since.  Would that the teachers in our schools be so inclined to correct the "awe-droppers" and keep them from eliminating that phoneme from existence.

The latest awe-drop is "inaugeration" which in m-w.com is spoken in-naw-gyer-RAY-shin  ~inaugyerraeshin   being said in news media as
in-nog-ger-RAY-shin  ~inaagerraeshin.   If they served egg nog, it would be an egg noggeration.

Learn truespel in 15 minutes at  http://tinypaste.com/76f44

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_howitworks_012009