ABX

Tue Jan 20 23:59:51 UTC 2009

I've heard ABC for American-Born Chinese since the 80s and even heard
ABJ (Japanese) once of twice. Today, the Seattle Times had an article
about ABKs, Kenyans.

-----
[Peter] Gishuru was in Washington, D.C., with his own son for this
week's inaugural festivities and planned to attend a ball sponsored by
the Kenyan Embassy, whose guest of honor is the president's paternal
grandmother from Kenya.

"There's a term we use, ABKs, American-born Kenyans ... children of
that first generation of Kenyans who for the most part have excelled
in this country. We consider him one of them."

(http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008647423_gishuru20m.html
)

_____

I wonder if there is any limitation on this and what do you do with
multiple countries starting with the same letter? BB