If U Seek Amy

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 23 04:38:22 UTC 2009

I have a copy of "Ef You See Kay" by Memphis Slim. This one is
straightforward. Which is probably why I first heard it - and first
heard *of* it! - on Radio Luxembourg's R&B program while stationed in
Baumholder, Germany in 1961. In this country, I didn't hear it on the
radio till the 'Eighties.

It's a good thing that you clarified the pun in Britney's song. I
certainly would have been totally befuddled, otherwise. It strikes me
as rather sweet, actually.

(FWIW, I say "on the radio," but "on TV."  I have no idea why. It just
seems right.)

-Wilson
–––
-----