N-looking

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 28 15:57:04 UTC 2009

FWIW, "(ugly-assed,) King-Kong-y-looking stud" sounds fine to me. The
verb doesn't have to be "looking." It could be, e.g.
"pigeon-toed-walking chick" or
"not-even-in-the-same-state-so-far-off-key-singing choirmaster." The
Bee Gees sang "Jive-Talking" as a noun, but they could as easily have
sung "stone, lying-assed,  jive-talking player," or some such.

Have you ever come across stuff like,

"I talk loud as I draw a crowd!"

i.e.

"I'll talk as loudly as I choose to talk, even if, by so doing, I
cause a crowd to gather to see what the problem is!"

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain