Awesome linguistic gymnastics

John McChesney-Young jmccyoung at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 8 23:11:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Arnold Zwicky <zwicky at stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2009, at 6:36 AM, Joel S. Berson wrote:

> > ...I think I heard Palin quoted, or perhaps paraphrased, as going out to
> > "kill salmon".
>
> maybe shooting fish in a barrel?

No, "slaying salmon," of her husband, on Twitter, on July 5th:

AKGovSarahPalin Grateful Todd left fishing grnds to join me this
wkend; but now he's back slaying salmon & working the kids @ the site;
anxious to join 'em!

***

Some other recent Tweets of hers of possible interest:

AKGovSarahPalin Attached is my "thank you" sent yesterday to express
gratitude, & smack down lies at same time http://tinyurl.com/q28wl5

AKGovSarahPalin Kotz trip gave Labor Commish & me opp to speak to
young AKns re resource develop. jobs we want AKns to have 1st shot bc
work ethic is there

[second of "couple of thoughts for this beautiful AK morn"]
AKGovSarahPalin Today,try this: "Act in accordance to your conscience
-risk- by pursuing larger vision in opposition to popular, powerful
pressure"-unknown

AKGovSarahPalin Flew over McGrath area burn, met idolized smokejumpers
(for bravery, strength, love of outdoors!) I appreciate their work in
volatile areas

***

More at:

http://twitter.com/AKGovSarahPalin

John

--
John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung