New formal definition of cloud computing

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Sat Jul 11 13:47:17 UTC 2009

On the other hand, in my 'second life' (alluded to in my signature) I'm serving on an EDUCAUSE committee that's attempting to come up with a list of dangers associated with 'cloud computing' that university IT departments need to think about before investing in the model.  The NIST definition is a useful additional resource--it's rare that the two halves of my life converge quite so neatly.

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Associate Professor, Linguistics Program
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
+1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics)