Pairing "biased" media

Victor aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 11 17:17:36 UTC 2009

Hmmm... Fox vs. CNN is not really a fair comparison of *bias*. CNN may
appear neutral on average, but that does not mean that that they are
uniformly neutral. Lou Dobbs is always a great source of xenophobic
bias, so it's not exactly "opposite" from Fox. The same is true of
NYT--depends on topic and human subject, although columns usually show
bias (see below). For the most part, however, CNN may appear biased (to
the left) only to those who regularly watch Fox News.

On the other hand, if print sources are desired, Washington Times and
WSJ editorial page are great sources of bias in one direction. Boston
Herald and NYPost columnists are also a good source of bias on the
right. On the other side, most (but not all) columnists in the Boston
Globe. NYT is one of many who try to balance their editorial content.
Once you know who the conservative columnists are (and exclude Maureen
Dowd from consideration), the rest can be used for left-leaning bias.

Generally, there are several sources that collect "conservative"
columnists. The two largest (and largely overlapping) are Townhall.com
and JewishWorldReview.com--BYO regurgitation receptacle. I can't really
think of a comparable source on the left. Of course, if you really want
deteriorating prose and constant insults, there are always blogs.

    VS-)