stOr@ Drive

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Sat Jul 18 18:03:26 UTC 2009

On Jul 18, 2009, at 10:38 AM, Joel S. Berson wrote:

> At 7/18/2009 10:42 AM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:

>>> But in Boston isn't it stOr@ Drive?
>>
>> it certainly wasn't when i lived there.
>
> Perhaps not among your upper-crust neighbors, Arnold, but around
> mine ...  :-)

well, it really is gratuitous for you to assume that my neighbors were
upper-crust at the time (yes, i saw the smiley).  the neighborhood i
lived in was a complicated patchwork of class, but a significant
number of my neighbors were lower middle class (and some working class).

but of course i wasn't recording pronunciations at the time.

arnold