ADS-L Digest - 18 Jul 2009 to 19 Jul 2009 (#2009-201)

Your Name ROSESKES at AOL.COM
Mon Jul 20 04:37:48 UTC 2009

In a message dated 7/20/2009 12:00:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU writes:

my  friend who uses "tonic" for soda / pop / soda pop / soda
water, etc., is  from Haverhill [hEIvr at l] and not from the  city.

-Wilson

FWIW, my grandmother, a city-of-Boston native, always called it tonic as
well.    How old is your friend?  Maybe the difference is  generational
rather than geographical.

Rosemarie

The secret  of managing life is to keep the folks who can't stand you, away
from  the folks who are undecided!

**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000008)