Eggcorn: rightful age (ripe old age)

M Covarrubias mcovarru at PURDUE.EDU
Tue Jun 2 07:56:10 UTC 2009

On Jun 2, 2009, at 3:08 AM, Randy Alexander wrote:

> This was said to me at lunch today by a 26 year old male speaker
> from Utah:
>
> "...if they live to their rightful age."
>
> --
> Randy Alexander

a google search brings up very little for "live to ___ rightful age"
where the blank is fill with his/her/our/your/my/their etc.

one example looks relevant. maybe.

"You need to think, "What's more important" those few minutes of being
high, or being a happy healthy person that will live to their rightful
age."
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090328152107AAv710T

"live to a rightful age" brought up 7 hits. they look relevant.

searching for the shorter string "a rightful age" or "the rightful
age" brings up many irrelevant hits where the intended meaning is
"correct" or "appropriate" age for laws, policies, etc.

"live to ___ right full age" looks like another possible analysis. but
it's harder to find. shortening the string brings up a few hits. the
search promises about 200 but there are really only about 10. some
look relevant.

"people were still liveing in log cabbins and living to a right full
age of 50...times r way way different now."
http://www.stockpickr.com/view/answers/67134/

"Well im at the right full age of 19 so wut i dont care look at me do
i care umm fuck no."
http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:qpB6HIJ2JOcJ:www.myspace.com/kck_jmac+%22right+full+age%22&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

"At the right full age of twenty five she was Executive officer of NX
Calvary"
http://www.freewebs.com/nx14/command.htm

"Unable to accept thoughts, just because you sold our souls,
at the right full age of...
Birth."
http://allpoetry.com/poem/3025628

michael