"Sotomayor" mispronounced on Meet the Press

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 2 02:40:42 UTC 2009

Of "Sotomayor" I've heard many versions.

The initial "so" is usually long o as in "sew".
The ending "yor" is usually "yore" stressed.  The rest bounces about.
The "to" can be "duh" where "Soto" becomes "Soda".
The "ma" can be "my" or "ma" or "muh"
The most prevelant is possibly soda-ma-YOR  ~Soedumaayyor.

see truespel.com