go missing

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 8 01:00:43 UTC 2009

As the police commissioner of [Something] Blue, I think it was, might
have said, "[The constant use of 'go missing' on the police dramas of
today] _really frosts my balls_!" (I have no idea how this got past
the censors in the '70's), but I've never thought of it as
"ungrammatical," only as an unnecessary borrowing from BritSpeak.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain