~Yeshuewu

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 8 01:37:28 UTC 2009

I watched some of the movie, “The Passion of Christ”.  The language spoken in the film is the native language of Jesus.  It’s Aramaic.  The Aramaic ~Airummaeyic languages are considered to be endangered.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramaic_language
In the movie, the name of Jesus in Aramaic is ~Yeshuewu.  That’s the name his mom and dad and everyone called him.  Sometimes I heard that name spoken in the movie spoken as  ~Yaashuewu and  ~Yaeshuewu, but I assume ~Yeshuewu is it.
Of interest are the actual words as Jesus spoke them:
(For a truespel pronunciation key see  http://tinypaste.com/764f4
(note: There are two sounds not in English.  The trilled r, expressed as ~q and trilled k, expressed as ~x.  According to the language samples in truespel book one, these are the two most frequent non-English sounds.)
I am he   ~Aanu hie
Judas   ~Yoedu
You betray the son of man with a kiss.  ~~Aappat nipaaqid naash kinsshaak.~~
Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.  ~~Kue di yaa hexlaa kruvvaa bekruvvaa gae buet effeeblae.~~
I say to you before the clock crows, three times you will deny me.  ~~Animair aanalliek
Peetggaan kaan eellaak tqaak tinee uef tikkaakaa thhuenee thhilee thhuethhin~~
My kingdom is not of this world.  ~~Raegnum mae’um naan est doe’oe moondoe.~~ (This looks like Latin – as Jesus was speaking to the Roman governor, Pilot).
My heart is ready father.  My heart is ready.  ~~Evueveehue kut ibu, evueveehue kut.
(I got as far as the whipping scene and then had to quit.  Too graphic)

see truespel.com