~Yeshuewu

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 8 18:19:00 UTC 2009

> "Trilled k"? You must have an interesting vocal tract.

How come you can't figure this out.  A "Spanish r" sometimes has a single trill or multiple trill made by flipping the tongue upward to the top gums to make these sounds.  Likewise a k-trill does some "flipping" with the soft velum contacting the back of the tongue.  This can be singl, multiple, or aspirated.

You are clueless here?

> Subject: Re: ~Yeshuewu
> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Herb Stahlke
> Subject: Re: ~Yeshuewu
>
> "Trilled k"? You must have an interesting vocal tract.
>
> Herb
>
> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
>> Sender: American Dialect Society
>> Poster: Tom Zurinskas
>> Subject: ~Yeshuewu
>>
>> I watched some of the movie, “The Passion of Christ”. The language spoken in the film is the native language of Jesus. It’s Aramaic. The Aramaic ~Airummaeyic languages are considered to be endangered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramaic_language
>> In the movie, the name of Jesus in Aramaic is ~Yeshuewu. That’s the name his mom and dad and everyone called him. Sometimes I heard that name spoken in the movie spoken as ~Yaashuewu and ~Yaeshuewu, but I assume ~Yeshuewu is it.
>> Of interest are the actual words as Jesus spoke them:
>> (For a truespel pronunciation key see http://tinypaste.com/764f4
>> (note: There are two sounds not in English. The trilled r, expressed as ~q and trilled k, expressed as ~x. According to the language samples in truespel book one, these are the two most frequent non-English sounds.)
>> I am he ~Aanu hie
>> Judas ~Yoedu
>> You betray the son of man with a kiss. ~~Aappat nipaaqid naash kinsshaak.~~
>> Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword. ~~Kue di yaa hexlaa kruvvaa bekruvvaa gae buet effeeblae.~~
>> I say to you before the clock crows, three times you will deny me. ~~Animair aanalliek
>> Peetggaan kaan eellaak tqaak tinee uef tikkaakaa thhuenee thhilee thhuethhin~~
>> My kingdom is not of this world. ~~Raegnum mae’um naan est doe’oe moondoe.~~ (This looks like Latin – as Jesus was speaking to the Roman governor, Pilot).
>> My heart is ready father. My heart is ready. ~~Evueveehue kut ibu, evueveehue kut.
>> (I got as far as the whipping scene and then had to quit. Too graphic)
>>

>> Tom Zurinskas, USA - CT20, TN3, NJ33, FL5+
>> see truespel.com
>> Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage.
>> http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_SD_25GB_062009

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.