The American moment is waning. Will English pull us through?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 11 02:18:34 UTC 2009

The Oxford English Dictionary records some 600,000 English words.
http://www.illinois.edu/goto/weboflanguage

Wordnik claims 1.7 million words (perhaps they're not all English)
http://www.wordnik.com/

One sticky point is the definition of a word.  Is the word "set" different from the word "set".  SOme would say so depending on meaning.  There may be 20 meanings to the word "set".  So that would be 20 words.  I think this is not what we mean by the word "word".

see truespel.com

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.