Nice Turn of Phrase

Doug Harris cats22 at STNY.RR.COM
Sat Jun 13 17:12:22 UTC 2009

In an article in this morning's LA Times, Cosmologist Wendy
Freedman was discussing finding a certain kind of star called
'Cepheids'. She said:
"Early on, it was thought that we could never find Cepheids there.
They jumped out like fish."
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-sci-qa13-2009jun13,0,3896613.story
--
That interesting phrase led me to google, where one of "about
529" hits for 'jump like fish' provided an interesting contextual
use of that phrase on the site http://www.ralphmag.org/DA/esl.html
-- subheaded "English Surely Latinized:
"We will sprinkle holy water on pronouns, make the
sign of the cross on past participles, _jump like fish_
from Lake Pátzcuaro on gerunds, pour tequila from
Jalisco on future perfects, say shoes and shit, grab a
cool verb and a pollo loco and dance on the walls like
chapulines."
--
Now call me crazy, but I'd hardly like anticipating, never mind
considering perfect, a future with tequila poured all over it --

Prepared and sent with Chaos Software's Intellect mail client.
Intellect's contacts and appointments managers also are cool.